My (Twitter) reactions to the first episodes of the Fall 2016 season
As before I'm collecting here all of my tweeted reactions to the first episodes I've seen (in the order that I saw them).
- Izetta episode 1: Now that's how you start an (action) episode and
make me like the characters. And want to see more, of course.
- BBK/BRNK episode 13: It's back, it's fun, and I liked seeing the
core cast again. We'll have to see where this storyline goes, of
- Brave Witches episode 1: I guess that was okay, although it's
nowhere near the standard set by Izetta. I suppose I'll watch the next
ep too. →
- Flip Flappers ep 1: This was nice but it wasn't stunning, & Papika
is a character archetype that often irritates. Still, solidly
- Drifters episode 1: I think I'm supposed to be interested in these
people and what's happening to them, but I'm not in the least.
- March comes in like a Lion episode 1: That was a solid & understated
drama, with a lot more implied than said. I definitely like it so far.
- Sound! Euphonium S2 episode 1: There was a bunch of setup here, but it was compelling all on its own. And then the festival, wow. →
(A → instead of a ♯ means that the tweet has further discussion.)
I haven't yet watched Girlish Number, which is getting praise, or Fune wo Amu. I may watch either and update this with my first episode reaction. I so far feel that Yuri!!! on Ice is out due to its setting, even if it's apparently very well done and well made.
(I know, March comes in like a Lion also has an ordinary life setting. It gets a special exemption because I loved Honey & Clover and I'm willing to see if the author's magic works a second time.)
Written on 16 October 2016.