My (Twitter) reactions to the first episodes of the Spring 2017 season
As before I'm collecting here all of my tweeted reactions to the first episodes I've seen (in the order that I saw them).
- My Hero Academia episode 14 is just the same as always; I like the
characters but the pacing is still really slow and hurting the show.
- Granblue Fantasy episode 1 is not interesting enough for me to
even finish the episode; I made it 15 minutes before quitting.
- Alice & Zouroku episode 1 was fun, interesting, and intriguing,
but the character interactions really made it. I especially like
- Rage of Bahamut - Virgin Soul episode 1 was slower and not as
exciting as ep 1 of the original, but the ending portion made
up for it.
- Re:Creators ep 1 was interesting & well done, but so far it just
sets up the premise; it doesn't tell us what the show'll be like or
- Eccentric Family S2 episode 1: The tanuki are back, Kyoto is
beautiful, and things are spooky & quietly tense. It's everything
I could want.
- SukaSuka episode 1: Now that's how you start a slow-build show.
There's nothing new here but it's very well assembled & pretty
- Grimoire of Zero ep 1 was very light novel but also surprisingly appealing and well done. The characters are cliches, but interesting ones. →
These are all the first episodes I've felt energized enough to watch so far and I'm probably not interested in adding more so I'm going to call it here, even with a few potentially interesting ones unwatched. Notably missing is Sakura Quest, which is frequently praised but has a setting that usually doesn't work for me, and I'm not certain the premise sounds like my thing either. Perhaps I will get around to it later, but so far I've felt like watching Kemono Friends instead.
Written on 21 April 2017.